Astral Radio embraces digital strategy for on-air content.
- As a national brand, Astral Radio maintains a network of 85 radio stations across the country.
- Station websites had been standardized in previous years using an out of box technology solution, and although successful at the time, the current platform was in need of an overhaul.
- In late 2012, Astral Radio engaged MitreBox UXD to complete a thorough assessment of their current digital offerings and to provide strategic recommendations aimed at future enhancements and the evolution of their online properties.
- Recommendations were derived from comprehensive research consisting of visions workshops, internal stakeholder interviews and listener surveys, trends research and competitive analysis.
- Definition of a forward facing vision statement to be used during the ongoing development of all Astral Radio digital products.
- Comprehensive outline of the current state of Astral Radio’s digital properties, along with potential opportunities and risks in the following categories:
- Social Media
- Mobile, Content
- Genres & Markets
- Contests & Promotions
- Member Databases & Listener Clubs
- Emerging Technologies & Innovation
- Creativity, Flexibility & Process
- User Experience
- Knowledge Sharing
- Clearly articulated and detailed functional requirements for new technology partner and product evaluation.
- Delivery of actionable strategic recommendations and presentation to the Astral Radio Executive Team.
MitreBox UXD worked closely with the Astral Radio’s content, digital, on-air and sales teams to provide the following services:
Vision & Objectives Workshops
Industry Trends Research
Strategic Planning & Recommendations