Hockey Canada scores with flexible content publishing platform.
- As the governing body for hockey in Canada, the Hockey Canada online properties deliver diverse content to a large audience across the country and as a result, their aging legacy site required modernization and optimization.
- Flexibility and customization was a major focus for the project in order to allow Hockey Canada to build out a deep content experience for all athlete, team, competition, and educational content.
- A content management approach that would allow for the creation and maintenance of unique and modular microsites that rolled up under the Hockey Canada umbrella was critical.
- End-to-end redesign of the Hockey Canada website that included a large library of reusable content modules for both static and dynamic content provided by third party scoring and statistics data feeds.
- Creation of various editorial and marketing promotional modules with a flexible “super nav” to allow the Hockey Canada content team to highlight the most relevant content quickly and easily.
- Refined and simplified interfaces for the consumption of news content, event schedules, tournament details, athlete information, and rich media capabilities.
- Overall improvements to SEO and search capabilities in order to expose the vast amounts of content deep within the site.
MitreBox UXD worked closely with the Hockey Canada content team and development agency to provide the following services:
Wireframes & Functional Specification